ISEE ANNUAL CONFERENCE ROME 2016
The 28th Conference of the International Society for Environmental Epidemiology was held for the first time in Italy on September 2016, at the Auditorium Parco della Musica in Rome; it was organized by the Department of Epidemiology Lazio Regional Health Services – DEP Lazio, ASL Roma 1, the Italian Epidemiological Association, under the patronage of AssoArpa.
The Conference brought together researchers, academics, and health professionals to promote the sharing of research results, experiences and new ideas in the field of environmental epidemiology. It addressed the challenges in exposure assessment, study design and data analyses in the coming decades.
To use the remarkable architectonic characteristics of the venue; to establish a perfect synergy with the Auditorium management; to create the most functional ensemble of technology and scenography.
The main objective we wanted to pursue from the beginning was to promote and facilitate scientific discussion and communication throughout the plenary sessions, verbal presentations, thematic symposia, poster sessions and post-conference courses. We were able to achieve all this thanks to our Digital Slide Center, the crucial point during the whole event. In 4 days, 441 presentations were processed and distributed.
Journalists Hall: Digital Slide Center – Operational Room – Congress areas
- 4 stations to process the presentations and send them to the PCs situated in the relative Halls;
- 1 station to control and revise the presentations;
- 1 station to control and monitor all the linked Halls;
- A multilingual IT team of 7 persons; 8 AV technicians responsible for the Halls.
- 5 information Totems directly kept up-to-date during the events;
- 1 information Totem on a suspended 4m screen in the Sinopoli Foyer;
- 3 Internet stations for the delegates;
- 2 digital Secretary Desks
- 413 daily Poster Sessions;
- Science Slam Area;
- 12 Company Stalls.
Sinopoli Hall: Scenography that entirely covered up the stage, with a single maxi-screen measuring 14m x 4,5m, was installed. Combined use of two HD 20.000 Lumen video projectors. A graphic station to process the flux from our Digital Slide Center and a vision mixer for the broadcast cameras.
Petrassi, Risonanze, Teatro Studio, Ospiti, Studio 1, Studio 2, and Studio 3 Halls, each provided with a Digital Slide Center station and an audio/video system appropriate for the size of the Hall and the number of participants.
- Venue set-up, including technical testing: 2 days
- Companies involved: 4
- Staff employed for set-up, assistance and de-rig: 25 highly professionally-trained technicians
- Project Manager: Cp Centro Pilota