What are cookies
Cookies are small text files sent from the site to the end user (usually to the browser), where they are stored before being forwarded to the site upon subsequent visits by the same user.
A cookie cannot retrieve other types of data from the user’s hard drive, cannot under any circumstances transmit computer viruses or capture email addresses.
Each cookie is unique to the user’s browser. Some of the cookies functions can be delegated to other technologies. In this document the term ‘cookie’ will refer to both the cookies, in the strict sense, and to similar technologies.
Types of Cookies
According to their characteristics and functionality cookies can be divided into several categories:
In this category cookies are used for the sole purpose of “carrying out transmission over the electronic communications network, or as strictly necessary for a service provider explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to deliver such a service “(cfr. art. 122, paragraph 1, of the Code).
They are not used for other purposes and are usually installed by the owner or the person who manages the website. They can be divided into:
- Navigation cookies or sessions, necessary to ensure the normal navigation and use of the website they are actually functional for its smooth operation;
- analytics cookies, similar to the technical cookies when used directly by the site operator to collect data in aggregate form, the number of users and how they interact with its content, in order to improve overall performance of the site; (See below point to Google Analytics cookies)
- functionality of cookies , that allow a user browsing the function of a set of selected criteria (e.g. , language ) with the aim to improve the enjoyment . The installation of these cookies does not require consent from the user .
Cookie profiling, also called web profiling, is the use of persistent or permanent cookies to track a user’s overall activity online. This tracking does not just happen when you are on a particular site, but it occurs the whole time you are browsing.
Cookies are used to create “profiles” on the user and are used in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the same part of surfing the net. (Identify the “interests” of individual users anonymously to improve their surfing experience) The use of profiling cookies requires consent. Under current rules the user can decide whether to authorize or refuse consent to the installation of these cookies using the instructions provided in the section “Cookie Management.” In the case of third party cookies (all cookies related to the use of social networks), the site has no direct control of individual files (or cannot install them directly or remove them). The user can still manage cookies in this category by changing the settings of the browser (detailed instructions follow), or online resources reported in “Cookie Management.” We invite our users to verify the procedure on the site of the third party (the list is available below). What follows is the full list of technical cookies currently present within our website:
We use these cookies to optimize your browsing experience. You can choose to disable them but this choice could be to the detriment of the proper display of the web site and its ease of use.
Google Analytics uses “cookies” to collect and analyze in a completely anonymous way information about user experience within a web site (including your IP address). This information retrieved by the cookie about your use of our website is normally transmitted to and stored on the Google server in the USA. We take advantage of this type of cookies only to develop and improve our content for the end-user.
We remind you that Google operates in full compliance with the provisions of the Convention on the Protection of Data “US-Safe-Harbor” and is registered in the “Safe Harbor” program of the Ministry of American Business. Google will consequently use the information collected for the sole purpose of evaluating your use of our website, to draw up protocols on website activity and to provide other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may transfer this information to third parties only in cases where there are any legal requirements or for the purpose of data processing. In no case Google will associate your data with other data collected by Google.
You may at any time selectively disable the action of monitoring by installing Google Analytics on your browser the opt-out plugin provided by Google. For more information see the following link:
Google Adwords Remarketing
Google Adwords Remarketing lets you show ads to people who’ve visited your website. When people leave your website without buying anything, for example, remarketing helps you reconnect with them by showing relevant ads as they browse the web, or as they search on Google.
For more information on remarketing o to find out how to disable these cookies please read the following links: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2407785?hl=en e http://www.google.com/settings/ads
Facebook utilizes cookies to allow sharing features such as “like” on one’s own wall. For more information please read https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy
Cookies have varying lengths, based on the expiration time at the time you install your browser.
They can in each case be divided into:
– Session cookies: files used to store temporary information, allowing you to connect the actions performed during a specific session. They are removed from the computer when the browser is closed;
– Persistent cookies: used to store information such as the name and password for access, to save the user the need to type them again each time a particular website is visited. This data is stored on your computer even after the browser is closed.
As a user of our site you may exercise the rights recognized by art. 7 of Legislative Decree no. No 196/2003 any time, and in particular, to obtain a copy of the processed data, their update, their origin, purpose and methods of treatment, their amendment or integration, cancellation, the transformation in anonymous form or the block for treatments in violation of the law and opposition for legitimate reasons.
To exercise these rights, contact:
CP Centro Pilota srl Via Giovanni Giolitti, 210 – 00185
Roma VAT 00925971004.
If you have already given consent and wish to change the cookie settings, use the delete cookies option available in your browser, to remove all those previously installed. We remind you that there is no way to enforce control over third-party cookies, so, if you have previously given your consent, you need to cancel the cookies by the procedure above or by opting-out directly to third parties or through the website http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices
Procedure to follow to disable / delete cookies by configuring your browser
For Google Chrome Users
- Open Chrome Browser
- Select the menu at the side of the browser toolbar where the web address is inserted
- Select Settings
- Select Display Advanced Settings
- In the “Privacy” section, select the “Content Settings” button
- In the “Cookies” section, you can change the following settings:
- Allow the saving of data locally
- Edit local data until the browser is closed
- Do not allow websites to place cookies
- Block third-party cookies and website data
- Handling exceptions for certain websites
- Delete one or all cookies
For more information please visit https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en
For Mozilla Firefox users
1. Open Mozilla Firefox Browser
2. From the menu bar on the extreme right
3. Select Options
4. Select Privacy
5. Select Advanced
6. From the “Privacy” section select “Content SetUp“
7. From the “Tracking” menu it is possible to modify the following cookie settings:
• Turn on Tracking Protection
• Turn off Tracking Protection
• No preference regarding Tracking Protection
8. From the “History” section it is possible to:
• Enabling “Personal Settings” select accept cookies from third parties (always, from visited websites or never) and to remember for a given period of time (until they expire, upon closing Firefox or ask me every time)
• Remove individual cookies.
For more information please visit https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/disable-third-party-cookies
For Internet Explorer users
- Run the Internet browser Explorer
- Click the Tools button, and select Options Internet
- Click on the Privacy tab and, in the Settings section, change the slider in the desired action function to cookies:
- Block All Cookies
- Enable all cookies
- Select the sites from which to obtain cookies: move the cursor to a position intermediate so as not to block or allow all cookies, press then select Sites, the Web site Address box to enter a website and then press to block or Allow. Per more information visit the Delete and Manage Cookies page http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
For Safari Browser 6 Users
- Open SAFARI
- Select Safari, select Preferences and select Privacy
- Under Block Cookie specify how Safari must accept cookies from websites.
- To see which sites have stored cookies click Details
Per more information visit the dedicated page.
For Safari iOS (mobile devices ) users
- Open the iOS Safari Browser
- Select Settings, then Safari
- Select Block Cookies and choose from several options: ” Never,” “From third parties and advertisers” or “Always.”
- To delete all cookies stored by Safari , select Settings, then Safari, and then click Delete Cookies and Data
For more information visit the page https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
For Opera users
- Open the Opera Browser
- Click Preferences and then click Advanced, and then click Cookies
- Select one of the following options :
- Accept all cookies
- Accept cookies only from the websites I visit: the third-party cookies and those that are sent from a domain other than the one you are visiting will be rejected
- Never accept cookies : All cookies will never be stored. For more information: